The streets of Savannah are filled with history, and this is especially true for the Savannah Historic District. This area found in the heart of the popular Georgia town is the perfect place for exploration. Whether staying in a Sid Was Here Short-Term Rentals home in Savannah or on a day trip from Tybee Island, there’s no better way to wander the streets than on a walking tour.
5 Entertaining Savannah Walking Tours
Spanning about two and a half square miles, this is the country’s largest National Historic Landmark District. This means there is no shortage of incredible places to discover and learn about. Let knowledgeable guides show you around by reserving your spot on one of these popular walking tours.
- If you’re looking for a tour that’s a bit spooky, look no further than Genteel & Bard’s Dark History & Ghost Encounter Tour. Start at Oglethorpe Square and make your way along the streets as your guide tells you about the city’s dark history.
- Walk with Me Savannah Tours offers several different excursions, including a two-hour history tour. Follow your guide to learn about how events from the past and modern-day helped shape the city.
- Rest your feet by exploring with Trusted Tours & Attractions on an Old Town Trolley hop-on/hop-off excursion. Give yourself plenty of time to discover all the sights by purchasing the two-day pass. Use the link provided to purchase discounted tickets.
- Reserve your spot on an outing with Noble Jones Tours. Tours are led by people passionate about Savannah’s culture and history. Choose from several options, like a Civil War tour and the Savannah Stroll.
- Since 2018, Savannah Tours & Tales has been showing off Savannah’s beauty and history. Book a private tour, perfect for family reunions or groups of co-workers, or join one of their memorable public excursions.
Settle into Your Savannah Home Away from Home
These days people aren’t visiting Savannah just for fun vacations. Between people working remotely or taking temporary work assignments, there are countless reasons travelers find themselves staying in this stunning Georgia city. Whether you’re looking to be close to your place of work, like the hospital or unique neighborhoods like the historic district, Sid Was Here has your perfect Savannah rental.
It doesn’t matter if you’re visiting for a week or a few months; our fully-furnished rentals have everything you need to feel at home. To learn more about our Savannah vacation rentals, call or text 912-574-4473.