If you’re managing a business with short-term rental property like a vacation home or an Airbnb, keeping your linens in great condition for each reservation is essential for a fantastic guest experience. Linens, towels, and other textiles can get worn out quickly if not cared for properly, so it’s important to know how to keep them at their best. Here are five easy tips on how to keep your linens in good condition for short-term rentals:
1. Wash All Linens After Each Guest: Make sure to wash all your bedding and linen between guests, even if they just appear clean. This will help keep your linens fresh and free of germs that potential guests may not appreciate.
2. Use the Right Detergent: Choose a detergent specifically formulated for cleaning textiles and don’t just use any regular detergent. This can help make sure your linens stay comfortable and look their best while providing a great guest experience.
- Know what kind of detergent works best with the water running to the property. For example, bleach is terrible when combined with hard water. If you are using a filtration system, research your best options.
4. Store Linens Properly: Store your towels, linens, and other textiles in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will help your linens retain their color and resist fading or losing quality.
5. Repair Torn or Worn Out Items: If you find a piece of displaced string or a torn towel, repair it as soon as possible. This ensures your linens look and feel their best with each rental.
- Wash in hot water when possible, and always use an anti-bacterial laundry detergent.
6. Avoid over-drying towels and sheets as over-drying can cause them to shrink and/or fade. Instead, remove promptly from the dryer and fold.