Must Do in Brunswick, GA
Home to well-preserved arts and history sites, Brunswick, GA boasts a wide variety of places to see and things to do. Whether you’re on vacation or simply passing through the city, you can’t miss out on these places:
Please use #sidwashere to share your best Brunswick experiences with us!
- This beautiful plantation represents the history and culture of Georgia’s rice coast. In the early 1800s, William Brailsford of Charleston carved a rice plantation from marshes along the Altamaha River. The plantation and its inhabitants were part of the genteel low country society that developed during the antebellum period. While many factors made rice cultivation increasingly difficult in the years after the Civil War, the family continued to grow rice until 1913.
- 5556 US-17, Brunswick, GA 31525
- Historic Downtown Brunswick’s theater and arts center, offering year-round performing arts, films, exhibits, and educational programs for the Coastal Georgia community. Managed and operated by Golden Isles Arts & Humanities Association.
- 1530 Newcastle St, Brunswick, GA 31520-6805
- Signature Squares of Brunswick is a non-profit organization founded to reclaim and beautify the original colonial parks and squares in the Old Town District of the city
- Norwich Street Brunswick, GA 31520
- According to local legend, Native American braves and their maidens met under the majestic spreading limbs of this enormous oak tree. It is estimated to be 900 years old and already present at the signing of the constitution
- 828 Albany St, Brunswick, GA 31520
- A hurricane hole located on a 101-acre waterfront property open to the public for enjoying the beautiful coastal scenery of Brunswick, Georgia. Extra wide sidewalks line the river for easy walking and biking.
- 1 Torras Lndg, Brunswick, GA 31520-6470
- Located in historic downtown Brunswick, the Gallery on Newcastle showcases works from local artists artifacts and antiques from China, Indonesia, and Mexico.
- 1626 Newcastle St. Brunswick, GA 31520
- Georgia’s only Rum Distillery. Handcrafting Single Estate Old Georgia Rum from estate grown unrefined sugar cane. Located in historic downtown Brunswick, GA, on the Atlantic Coast Open for Tours & Tastings. Retail store and Giftshop on site.
- 1406 Newcastle Street, Brunswick, GA 31520-7018