Every once in a while, you need to plan an escape from your everyday life. However, going on the perfect vacation doesn’t have to mean expensive and long flights. Sometimes the ideal destination is only a car ride away. If you call Atlanta home, plan a getaway to Savannah with Sid Was Here Short Term Rentals. Our incredible vacation homes make the perfect place to unwind after checking out stops along the way.
What to Do and See on Your Georgia Road Trip
The drive from Atlanta to Savannah is just under four hours, depending on the route you take. Get the fun started early by exploring attractions found along the way. Load up on the snacks and hit the road to enjoy a mini-vacation before arriving at your final destination.
- Play tourist in your own town while learning about the state’s history by visiting the Georgia Capitol Museum. Explore the museum on your own on a self-guided tour or by downloading the Capitol apps.
- As you make your way through McDonough, stop by either the Image Doctor’s Camera Museum or C.O. Polk Interactive Museum. The former will teach you about the history of image-making devices, while the latter works to preserve McDonough area history.
- Give yourself plenty of time to explore Macon. This Georgia town is filled with various things to do, including shopping and discovering unique attractions.
- Wild Georgia Safari Park, located in Metter, is a must-see for animal lovers. During your visit, you can feed the animals, go into the petting zoo, and go on a safari ride.
- As you make your way into Savannah, stop at the Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens. The 51-acre attraction features ornamental gardens, pick-your-own berry fields, and more.
After taking some time to unwind at your Savannah rental, set off exploring all this Georgia region has to offer. Relax on the beach with a day trip to Tybee Island, or take in the sights on an outing with Savannah Riverboat Cruises.
Kick Back and Relax in Your Savannah Rental
After making the drive from Atlanta to Savannah, there’s no better way to unwind than enjoying a quiet night in your Sid Was Here rental. Curl up in your spacious living room for a movie or game night, or take a relaxing bath in your spa-like bathroom.
No matter which of our Savannah rentals you choose to call home, you’ll have an incredible place to call home. Not only will you be close to top attractions like museums, but you’ll also have a cozy place filled with everything you need for the best stay possible. Call or text 912-574-4473 to learn more about booking your escape today!